What is Skilling South Australia?
‘Skilling South Australia’ is a state government initiative helping young people develop skills and build meaningful pathways to meet the workforce needs of industry.
Individuals need to meet course entry requirements and verify their eligibility for enrolment before being enrolled in a government subsidised training place.
You may be eligible for a government subsidised training place if you either live or work in South Australia, and you are:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or
- a permanent Australian resident, or
- the holder of an eligible visa
You also need to meet the following:
- aged 16 years or over and not enrolled at school, and
- undertaking training through a training contract as an apprentice or trainee in identified courses.
|Qualification||Number of Units||Nominal Hours||Non-Concessional||Concessional|
|Enrolment||Per Hour||Total||Enrolment||Per Hour||Total|
What courses are funded?
Where can I get more information?
Am I eligible for Concession?
Students who hold any of the following concession cards at the time of their enrolment may be eligible to for a concession course fee rather than the standard full course fee:
- hold a health care card
- hold a pensioner concession card
- hold a pensioner concession card issued by the Department of Veteran Affairs
- are a prison inmate, a detainee, on remand, held in a South Australian institution in connection with the commission of an offence, or a child in a South Australian detention centre older than 16 years.
Please note: Proof of eligibility for concession must be demonstrated prior to the commencement of training. If the concession is valid for the full enrolment period, then all eligible units commenced within that period attract the concession rate. If the concession is valid for part of the enrolment period, then only eligible units commenced prior to the expiry of the concession attract the concession rate.
What information do you have for employers?
For employers, Australian Apprentices can bring new and valuable resources and skills into a business. Traineeships allow you to develop qualified loyal staff that are familiar with your company, your work environment, your standards, your equipment and your customers. There are plenty of benefits to employers that include the following:
- Qualified employees trained your way for your business
- Government funding assistance for the training of eligible apprentices and trainees
- Financial benefits for you including Commonwealth Government incentives
- Greater customer satisfaction through
- Greater customer satisfaction through well trained staff