What is the Smart and Skilled (Traineeships)?
Smart and Skilled is a reform of the NSW vocational education and training system. It’s helping people get the skills they need to find a job and advance their careers.
Smart and Skilled provides eligible students with:
- an entitlement to government-subsidised training up to and including Certificate III
- government funding for higher-level courses (Certificate IV and above) in targeted priority areas.
To be eligible to enrol in traineeship under Smart and Skilled program, you must:
- 15 years old or over; and
- no longer at school; and
- live or work in New South Wales; and
- an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen
- undertaking training through a training contract as an apprentice or trainee and;
- be a new entrant trainee
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students who do not live or work in New South Wales but live in specific defined interstate New South Wales border areas are eligible for government-subsidised training under Smart and Skilled.
- Is funded under the NSW Government’s Smart and Skilled Program.
- Commenced on or after 1 January 2020
Each individual is limited to a maximum of commencing three fee free traineeships under this initiative.
Please Note: Existing Workers in NSW are NOT eligible for Smart & Skilled funding – The Price will be the same as Fee-For-Service.
Under the NSW Government’s Fee Free Traineeship Initiative, most NSW trainees commencing their training between 1 January 2020 and 30 June 2024 will be eligible for fee free training, however fees will still apply to some trainees. This fee structure applies to new entrant trainees only.
These fees are set by the Department of Education and Training and are subject to variation from time to time.
|Course Code||Number of Units||Nominal Hours||Student Contribution Fee|