What is the Smart and Skilled (Traineeships)?
Smart and Skilled is a reform of the NSW vocational education and training system. It’s helping people get the skills they need to find a job and advance their careers.
Smart and Skilled provides eligible students with:
- an entitlement to government-subsidised training up to and including Certificate III
- government funding for higher-level courses (Certificate IV and above) in targeted priority areas.
Traineeships – Australian Child Care Career Options (ACCCO) is a provider of NSW traineeships under Smart and Skilled across all areas of NSW
To be eligible to enrol in traineeship under Smart and Skilled program, you must:
- 15 years old or over; and
- no longer at school; and
- live or work in New South Wales; and
- an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students who do not live or work in New South Wales but live in specific defined interstate New South Wales border areas are eligible for government-subsidised training under Smart and Skilled.
- Is funded under the NSW Government’s Smart and Skilled Program.
- Commenced on or after 1 January 2020
Each individual is limited to a maximum of commencing three fee free traineeships under this initiative.
Please Note: Existing Workers in NSW are NOT eligible for Smart & Skilled funding – The Price will be the same as Fee-For-Service.
These fees are set by the Department of Education and Training and are subject to variation from time to time.
|Course Code||Number of Units||Nominal Hours||Student Contribution Fee|
What courses are funded?
CHC30121 Certificate III Early Childhood Education & Care
CHC30221 Certificate III Education Support
CHC40221 Certificate IV Education Support
CHC40113 Certificate IV School Age Education & Care
CHC50121 Diploma Early Childhood Education & Care
CHC50221 Diploma School Age Education & Care