What is Certificate 3 Guarantee?
The Certificate 3 Guarantee program aims to help Queenslanders without a post-school qualification to gain one. The Certificate 3 Guarantee program subsidises your vocational education and training (VET) course fees to help you complete your first post-school certificate III level qualification and increase your skills to move into employment, re-enter the workforce or advance your career. It also supports school students to access to transition to employment by providing free training in high priority qualifications.
The Certificate 3 Guarantee program means that instead of paying for the full cost of a training course, you will pay a reduced amount to make the training more affordable and accessible.
To be eligible for the Certificate 3 Guarantee program a participant must:
- Be aged 15 years or older
- Be a Queensland resident
- No longer at school (with the exception of VET in Schools students)
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency
- Not hold, a certificate III level or higher qualification ( not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training)*
- Not be enrolled in another qualification ( not including foundation skills training)
Students who hold a Certificate III, higher level qualification or bachelor’s degree awarded by a tertiary college or university in Australia are NOT eligible to access the Certificate 3 Guarantee program as these qualifications form part of, and are nationally recognised within, the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). Certificate III qualifications completed at secondary school are not counted.
Students are entitled to access government subsidised training only for 1 completed certificate III qualification. For this reason, it is very important that prior to signing an enrolment form and committing to a course of study which will use up the entitlement, you take the time to consider the course you are choosing and to compare training options and costs. For students who hold an overseas qualification:
If you hold an overseas qualification that has been recognised by an Australian professional body or other organisation as meeting the registration or licensing requirements for a specific occupation then you would be deemed not eligible to access the Certificate 3 Guarantee program.
For students who hold a qualification issued prior 1995:
If you hold a certificate level I to Advanced Diploma qualification issued prior to the introduction of the AQF in 1995, you are eligible to access the Certificate 3 Guarantee program.
|Student Co-contribution Fees|
|Enrolment||Per Unit||Total||Enrolment||Per Unit||Total|
Concessional rates under the Certificate 3 Guarantee available for:
- students (or their partner or guardian) who hold a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
- students with a disability
- students who are adult prisoners.
What courses are funded?
** VETiS students and Disadvantaged learners only
Where can I get more information?
Students should read the information provided by the State Training Authority website here:
Students should read the following additional information provided by the department here:
Contact ACCCO on 1300 139 406 if you need further information.